Policies for HJ&SHS Library
- After typing in your username and password on a computer, go to the Destiny Quest Online Library Catalog icon on the screen to search the online card catalog.
- Every student has a limit of two books.
- The checkout period for library materials is two weeks.
- Please renew a book to avoid an overdue fine.
- Practice your VIKING PRIDE, and you will not be fined for a lost book or a damaged book.
- Follow the posted rules when you are using the library.
- The Humboldt Junior and Senior High School Library does not charge for printing research papers, PowerPoint presentation, and other classroom assignments.
- Please return books to the main desk or to the space at the end of a shelf; you do not want your friends to have any problems locating books in the school library.
- Remember to ask Ms. Taylor, the school library media specialist, if you need assistance locating books, finding a resource to write a paper, or printing a drawing for art class.
- We have reference books, story collections, The Humboldt Chronicle, comic books, and magazines – Sports Illustrated, Girls Life, SLAM, PC Gamer, and Time.
Dewey, Nonfiction, and Fiction
- Find nonfiction books about Spanish and English grammar in the 400s and about poetry, plays, and Shakespeare in the 800s.
- Use the author's last name – King, Collins, Jackson, Thomas, and Rowling – to find fiction books.
- On the online library catalog, look under “Copy Categories” to find Adventure, Classics, Fantasy, Graphic Novels, Mystery, and Urban Fiction.