Welcome to my online classroom.
Hello Students and Parents!
I am Ms. Sonya Eaton. I teach 7th and 8th Grade Career Readiness, 8th Grade Reading Intervention, and an inclusion teacher for 9th and 10th grade special education. As we begin our new school year with many new things on the horizon, I would like to urge every student (Both Hybrid & Virtual alike) to get connected to their classroom teacher immediately. Do not wait until you have a school laptop. Connect now from any device you have whether it be a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The two apps to connect are ‘Remind’ and ‘Microsoft Teams’. Both are free. Details below:
- Remind is an app you can get on any device or platform for free. Download it if you can, sign up with your school email info, and add yourself to your appropriate class using the Class Codes I will list below. If you do not have an app-based device, you can go to remind.com to simply add a phone number or email so that when I send out class updates, you will receive them.
- Class Codes
- 7th Grade Career Readiness: @hfgeg8
- 8th Grade Career Readiness: @ghb2de
- 8th Grade Reading Intervention: @434cd8
- Microsoft Teams is another free app we will be using as a district to stream and record our lectures each day. Please download Microsoft Teams on your smartphone, tablet, or computer. You can log in to your Teams account using your school issued email and password.
- Your school email should follow the following format:
- My name is Sonya Kay Eaton, so I use the “first 3 letters of my first name” “middle initial” “first 3 of my last name” “@student.hcsvikings.org. So, my student email would be email@example.com.
- Your Password to your student email should be your lunch number which should also be the last 4 numbers of your Social Security #.
- Once Logged in, please look for your class. I have added everyone enrolled with your school emails.
- If you have trouble, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org